Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Underactive Thyroids and Jizz Jars

I finally made it to the doctors a week or so ago to discuss the underactive thyroid result that cropped up in my recent annual medical. My first attempt was cut short by the NHS hack last month, the second attempt was an evening surgery appointment that got cancelled a couple hour before I was due to attend, till finally the GP surgery squeezed me into one of the last appointments in a regular afternoon surgery. Did I learn anything new? Not really. As my Mum has an underactive thyroid it is entirely likely I have the condition, but I don’t seem to have been hit by any obvious side effects; my weight is still hovering around 112kg which is as good as it’s been for years and any tiredness I feel is probably down to not getting enough sleep! So I’m having a retest done in July and will be going back to discuss treatment about ten days later.

Last week I dropped off my first semen sample to Andrology Services at East Surrey Hospital, so I should get an indication of whether my vasectomy has been effective sometime this week. I’m supposed to do another test in a few weeks time, but I’m hoping this set of results will be conclusive. In a nutshell I had to wank into a little glass bottle and then scoot straight over to the hospital with it in my shirt pocket (close to my body to keep it at a good temperature), where I simply handed over to Andrology. A somewhat comedic process, when you consider I was basically trying to get ready to go to work as well as avoid the kids who were getting ready for school at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment